Wednesday 23 August 2017

PurePotions Hair Range Review

PurePotions has to be one of my absolute favourite skincare brands. I first worked with them a few months ago where I reviewed some of their Skincare Salvation range, most of which I still use daily. They are a cruelty free band who use natural ingredients to make their wonderful products meaning that they are all vegetarian friendly, with some products also being vegan friendly. All of PurePotions products are made especially for people with sensitive skin, excmema, dermatitis and other dry or itchy skin conditions.

Recently, PurePotions has brought out a new range of hair and scalp products. The range consists of a natural shampoo, natural conditioner and a scalp oil. Over the last few weeks I have been testing out the shampoo and conditioner, which are free of parabens, purfumes, petrochemicals and SLS/SLES.



Admittedly it took some time getting used to the two products. They're much more natural than what I'm used to using so they felt quite different to use. As the Shampoo is made up of 99.9% natural ingredients, it doesn't lather up as much as other shampoos due to its lack of chemicals, but after a couple uses I managed to find the right quantity and technique to spread it throughout my hair. The smell of the Shampoo is amazing, to me it smells like citrus and ginger, but sometimes I find it smells quite similar to pumpkins. It is pale orange in colour and has the same sort of consistency as other shampoos, but without the horrible ingredients.



The conditioner I found a little harder to get used to. It is made of 99% natural ingredients and is much gentler than the conditioners I normally use as I have fairly dry hair due to constant hair colouring/dyeing. I didn't get the same silky smooth feeling I'm my hair when I rinsed out the conditioner, however, I did notice my hair felt soft and shiny once it had dried. I think that this is due to it not containing ingredients such as silicone, which would normally build up in hair and give it a different texture. I'm perfectly happy to give up that silky feeling with this conditioner though as I know that it's only putting good things into my hair and giving my hair/scalp the nutrients it needs. Unfortunately, I'm less keen on the smell of the conditioner than the shampoo as it's main ingredient is hemp oil, which is quite prominent in its smell. That being said, I can only smell it when I'm applying it, once it's on my hair the smell is much more subtle and I can comfortably leave it on for a long time.



Overall I'm quite impressed with the two products. My hair feels lighter which brings out the waves in my hair more and I love that. I also noticed that my hair doesnt get greasy as quick so I don't need to wash it as frequently, which it fantastic for me as it means my hair colour will take longer to fade. The shampoo and conditioners are both £18 each which is a bit pricier than I would normally spend on hair products (damn student budget!) but I think that if you have problems like excmema or a sensitive scalp and struggle to find non-irritating hair products, then the PurePotions range is definitely worth the money.

You can buy the shampoo and conditioner as well as products from PurePotions' other ranges from their website, Boots, Holland & Barrett, QVC, Revital, Waitrose and Wholefoods.

*Disclaimer* The products in this post were sent to me free of charge to review. All thoughts and opinions in this post are honest and completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment