Saturday 11 March 2017

My Favourite Liquid Lipsticks



I have to say, when liquid lipsticks first became popular in 2015, I was really curious to try out this new magic product. I haven't been a fan of lip gloss since the early 2000's, I hate the sticky texture that everything gets stuck to it. So when I heard there was a new style of lip product that goes on like a gloss but dries like a lipstick, I was really keen to try it out. I can't remember what my first liquid lipstick was but it was probably something cheap from boots or superdrug.

These are my current favourite liquid lipsticks. They are all highly pigmented and range from a light nude to a very dark, almost black, purple.



The first is Stockholm, a soft matte lip cream from NYX, a cruelty free makeup brand. This is quite a pale nude with peachy tones. This is great for when I fancy a bit of a girly look as I'm not really a lover of pink lipsticks. The texture of this liquid lipstick is definitely a lot creamier than other I have used and it feels lovely when I apply it. I LOVE the smell of the NYX soft matte lip creams. I can't put my finger on what it does smell like but it reminds me a lot of the scent of cocoa butter or something similar. Honestly, even if you're not wanting to buy one, its worth trying out the testers just to get a good whiff of them!

Secondly, is Beeper Ultra Matte from Colourpop, who is also cruelty free. This is a lovely nude brown shade, with some purple undertones, although before it dries it looks like a pinky nude. This is a perfect shade to wear as a statement nude and I love pairing it with a golden eye look.

Next, is Soft Spoken Liquid Suede from NYX. This is my go to shade for going out. On my lips, it dries to a deep nude with purple undertones. Its the perfect in between shade because its bold without being too much of a statement. It is a little darker than my other nudes but its the kind of shade that goes with pretty much any look which makes it perfect for going out in the evening. The applicator for this shade with quite large compared to a lot of the other liquid lipsticks out there. I still find it quite easy to apply but I have to be a bit more careful when doing the edges of my lips. However,  if you find you really don't get on with the applicator, you can always apply it with a brush.

The fourth is Tulle Ultra Matte by Coloupop. Tulle dries to a dark burgundy on me which I love. Its the perfect shade in-between a red and a purple, which means it goes with a lot of different looks. I absolutely love wearing this shade in the autumn because of its warm undertones and it looks lovely paired with a burnt orange eye look.


The next one on my list is Diva, a liquid velvet from Ciate London, which is vegan, cruelty free and the most recent in my collection. This is the perfect classic red shade and I'm in love with it. I found this so easy to apply and you only need one layer of it to be streak free, which can be quite rare with liquid lipsticks. Unlike my other liquid lipsticks, this doesn't completely dry and it truly is a velvet texture. I normally prefer my liquid lipsticks to fully dry, however, I don't mind compromising that with this product because I love everything else about it. But, due to its more velvety texture, its no where near as drying as some of the others.

The second last is Avenue Ultra Matter by Colourpop. This is a lovely dark red shade and is great for a bold look. I often find that the darker the shade, the more layers you need to avoid streaks and this is true for Avenue, but, you only need a couple layers to be streak free. I love wearing this for a night out but it can come off fairly quickly when you eat or drink so if you are wearing it to dinner or a night out, just be aware of this as you'll probably need to re-apply it.

And last but not least is Guess Ultra Matte by Cololurpop. This is a very dark purple that is almost black. When I bought this shade I had hoped it would be more of a deep purple, but I still love it. Its fantastic for Halloween and for doing dark ombre lips as well as for darkening other shades. If you are looking for a black lip, I would definitely recommend this as its not quite as harsh as black. This is also because it has warm undertones so I think it will suit more skin tones than a black without making you look washed out.


So that's it! I'd love to hear about your favourite liquid lipsticks in the comments below!

Until next time!
Evelyn-Grace
x





No comments:

Post a Comment