Tuesday 14 March 2017

PurePotions Skincare

I know it hasn't been long since I did my last skincare post, but I recently discovered these products and I just had to write about them! They're all from PurePotions, a cruelty free brand that uses almost all natural ingredients with their products handmade in the UK. PurePotions has a fantastic range for dry skin called Skin Salvation and all of their products are suitable for people with eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and other dry or itchy skin conditions.

As you will know if you read my previous skincare post, I have conmbination skin, but my main issues are being spot prone, with dry and sensitive skin. Because PurePotions uses mainly, if not all, natural ingredients, I was really excited to try out their products in hopes of it being less irritating on my skin, like some other brands I have used in the past.


Intensive Lip Balm - £4.99

The first product I tried was the Intensive Lip Balm from the Skin Salvation range. This is made from 100% natural ingredients including beeswax, meaning that its not vegan, however, it is suitable for vegetarians and as with all their products, it is cruelty free. Now I have to say this lip balm is amazing! I often get really dry lips that crack and peel often, especially in the colder months. I use this everyday and it has made such a difference to my lips. They're so much more hydrated, they're softer and even a little bit plumper, its as if this balm has put the life back into them! It does have a slightly odd smell to it, however, it is really faint so it doesn't bother me that much as I don't notice it when its on my lips.


Scar Oil with Rosehip - £18.99

The next product I tried is the Scar Oil with Rosehip. As always this product is cruelty free but it is also vegan and all ingredients used are natural. This is 100% my new holy grail skincare product! First off, it smells SO good. Rosehip is definitely the main tone in this scent and I think it smells really lovely. I also find that when I shower after using it, the scent gets a little stronger and gives the steam a similar smell that makes the shower so much more calming. The Scar Oil is the product I was most excited to try out. I have struggled with hyperpigmentation and scars on my face left behind by spots, for a long time. I also have a lot of stretch marks on the top of my thighs and my butt.

I honestly cannot tell you how much this oil helped my skin. It reduced the redness and scarring on my face and it has started to make my stretch marks fade a little. Because its an oil, its also really hydrating, so it has really helped get my skin's natural moisture back. I also use it on my elbows and knees when they're feeling really dry. The photos below show just how much the oil has helped my skin. The first two show my skin before I used the oil for the first time. The second two are the morning after I first used it, before applying it again. The final two show my skin after using the oil every morning and night for 5 days.




Now I don't know about you but I can see a massive difference between the first and last images. The redness has reduced, the spots have healed up much better than they would normally and my skin tone is generally just much more even that usual. The only other product I was using on my face (apart from my normal washes and scrubs) was my Dr Spot, spot treatment from Soap and Glory, and this was only applied on the big spots on my cheek and jaw. I truly am so impressed with this oil and I can't rave about it enough.


Daily Moisturising Cream - £13.99

The final product I got was the Daily Moisturising Cream from the Skin Salvation Range. It is vegan, cruelty free and made from 99% natural ingredients. I'm really bad at using a body moisturisers frequently so my legs and arms are often quite dry. I have tried out a few different body moisturisers in the past but I've never found one I liked enough to stick with. Until now. Similar to the lip balm this does have a slightly odd smell but again its faint and isn't particularly noticeable when on my skin. Its quite a thick cream but once you spread it around it does sink into the skin really well. I can see the difference it makes straight away just by comparing my legs after applying it to the first one. With most moisturisers I've tried, by the end of the day my skin feels dry again but that's not the case with this one, my skin stays hydrated all day. Something else I've noticed with this moisturiser that I haven't with others is that when I shower, my skin becomes silky smooth, especially my legs when they're freshly shaved, it feels so weird but so lovely at the same time.




Since trying these products I have absolutely fallen in love with PurePotions. I would definitely buy these products again and I'm keen to try out more of their products, especially in the dry skin range. Normally I don't like spending a lot of money on skincare products, but I think that PurePotions is very reasonably priced for the size and effectiveness of the products. I plan on doing a skin update after a few weeks of using the Scar Oil to see how it affects my skin over a longer period of time and to see if it has any effect on how many spots appear on my face. 

All of PurePotions products are available on their website at www.purepotions.co.uk. They are also available in Boots, Holland and Barrett, Whole Foods, QVC, Waitrose and Revital.

Until next time!
Evelyn-Grace
xx

Disclaimer: These were sent to me free of charge to review, however I would definitely buy these at full price.


No comments:

Post a Comment